Are you looking for something fun and fast-paced?
Are you bit of a perfectionist who loves getting stuff done?
Want to work with a super cool, hilarious and art-inspired team?
MUSEUM HACK WANTS YOUR HELP!
- Assist our Audience Development team with proposal writing, content creation, and new marketing experiments.
- Assist our Sales team with proposal writing for new clients.
- Utilize Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, and many other web-based services.
- Create new Facebook ad campaigns and measure/report the results.
- This is a part-time contract position with 10-25 hours per week.
- Based in USA or Canada. This is NOT a job for digital nomads, though we envy you.
- Nearly perfect written English skills and amazingly awesome spoken English skills.
- High quality work: You are an efficient individual who makes projects happen behind the scenes with a fine eye for details. (In short: You get shit done.)
- Resourceful and have intuition for accomplishing tasks without too much explanation.
- Be fun and exciting without using too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!
- Able to work Eastern USA timezone hours, preferably based in Eastern USA timezone (or an early riser elsewhere).
- We are willing to train you up on our marketing tools and techniques, but you should have a personal website and some social media accounts to show us that you're savvy already.
- Flexibility quotient high: Things can and do change on a dime around here – you gotta go with the flow, and be ready to kick it into high gear at a moment’s notice.
This is a part-time position for 2-6 hours per day. You should be available to work a flexible amount of hours in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00), 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday with an hour or two per day on the weekends (flexible time). If you consistently deliver great work, we can eventually provide up to 30 hours of work per week.
$12 to $15 per hour, depending on experience.
To be considered for this position, your cover letter should:
- Be written sorta in our Museum Hack voice, aka none of this "To whom it may concern:"
- Include the top 3-5 "influencers" (people or organizations) in the audience engagement space of the museum world.
- BONUS POINTS: A link to a website you created, ideally on WordPress.
- MEGA BONUS POINTS but totally optional: A link to a Google Doc that includes screenshots and links of a Twitter Card you created with embedded email newsletter signup.
- Many people on our team are remote and work from home.
- Most of our staff stay swith the company for years, and move up to do really exciting things with us.
- The remote team occasionally receive performance-based rewards and incentives.
- Our company is GROWING! We are an innovative arts-based business in New York City. Find out more about us by watching our CEO Nick's TEDx talk.
ABOUT MUSEUM HACK
Museum Hack is a non-traditional private tour company crafting museum experiences that encourage visitors to look at museums in new ways. We use the expansive collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the American Museum of Natural History as our playground to create “un-highlights” tours that focus on hidden works and unexpected stories.