We’re looking for a fun marketer who’s located in or around the Los Angeles area to help us market and grow our local operations. You’ll be a key player in helping us identify opportunities for marketing and executing projects.
Here are the job requirements
- you are based in or near Los Angeles
- you have experience working from home
- you have a personal blog or somewhere you write regularly
- Work from home experience
- Basic design skills
- Ability to write copy for emails, ads, blogs, etc. Nearly perfect written English skills and amazingly awesome spoken English skills
- Experience identifying marketing opportunities and executing projects
- High quality work: You are an efficient individual who makes projects happen behind the scenes with a fine eye for details. (In short: You get shit done.)
- Resourceful and have intuition for accomplishing tasks without too much explanation
- Be fun and exciting without using too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!
- We are willing to train you up on our marketing tools and techniques, but you should have a personal website and some social media accounts to show us that you're savvy already
- Flexibility quotient high: Things can and do change on a dime around here – you gotta go with the flow, and be ready to kick it into high gear at a moment’s notice
- Note: the best applicants will show they have both the skills and drive to push forward multiple projects at once
- Work with our Director of Marketing (who’s based out of New York City) and our Los Angeles City Lead to launch scrappy new projects and initiatives to help grow our tour attendance in Los Angeles
- Utilize Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, and many other web-based services
- Create new ad campaigns and measure/report the results
This starts as a contract position with a test project of 10 - 25 hours of paid work. After which we will assess your progress and performance for an ongoing contract or role
$15 to $22 per hour, depending on experience
Here is the what you can expect when you apply
- we will review your full application
- if you are selected to move on in the process, you will be given a complimentary ticket to attend a tour in your city
- after your tour, send us a quick email w/ 3 suggestions or insights from the tour
- we will review your assignment and interview the best candidates for potential ongoing contract work to be a marketing consultant to do deep research into Los Angeles, make a plan, and then execute on it
Sound good? Apply now!
To be considered for this position, your cover letter should:
- Be written sorta in our Museum Hack voice, aka none of this "To whom it may concern:"
- Include the name of our marketing director
- Many people on our team are remote and work from home
- The remote team occasionally receive performance-based rewards and incentives
- Our company is GROWING! We are an innovative arts-based business in New York City. Find out more about us by watching our CEO Nick's TEDx talk
About Museum Hack
Museum Hack is a non-traditional private tour company crafting museum experiences that encourage visitors to look at museums in new ways. We use the expansive collection of the Getty Museum as our playground to create “un-highlights” tours that focus on hidden works and unexpected stories.
We have about 60 team members, most of which are remote, and work with awesome clients like Fortune 500 companies and major museums.