Museum Hack is looking to hire a full-time Tour Guide Manager for our Renegade Tour Guides to support our growing team of 35+ people in NYC, DC, SF, LA, & Chicago.
This position is a full time position
The perfect candidate has previously worked in a coordinator, supervisor, or management role and wants the flexibility and speed of a startup environment. We need someone who can see potential, quickly understand our quirky company, manage a large number of operational logistics, help create compromises between business and guide needs, and help our dynamic and creative team members grow.
You should apply to this job only if:
- You’re detail-oriented, and also a great listener and coach
- You initiate, not just react
- Working closely with a talented group of people makes you really happy
- You HATE the idea of a desk job every day
- You’re a DOer, not just a Big Thinker
- You think museums are fucking awesome, or at least have the potential to be
- You're cool with working the occasional night / weekend
- You have previous experience managing people (ie conducting quarterly reviews, training, hiring, firing)
- Fast learner
- People person
- Amazing ability to listen and ask questions
- Spectacular attention to detail
- Great coordinator of people, projects, and deadlines
- Fun-loving attitude
- Excellent grasp of technology
Duties and Responsibilities
- “Eye in the sky” for our Renegade Tour Guide Department!
- Direct Manager for the City Leads in each major city (NYC, Chicago, DC, LA, SF)
- Advocate for a fair balance between the needs of the guides and the needs to the business.
- Lead monthly remote meetings with City Team Leads for all locations with support of Creative Team lead to communicate updates from Headquarters (HQ), new initiatives, projects, standards, training, plus much more!
- Responsible for supporting and empowering our City Lead to allow City Leads to support and empower Renegade Tour Guide guides. This includes discovering what they need to be engaged + successful, and working with City Leads to make that happen!
- Extra emphasis on discovery of needs! You’ll need to hear/recognize our teams needs and find/initiate the best action/solution for the situation. Also, stay organized and follow-up to ensure completion
- Assist with guide onboarding and new hire orientation. You will be the mastermind scheduler/planner and work to set City Leads up for success in training our new hires
- You’ll work closely with Museum Hack’s Creative Leadership and Project Manager to ensure guides are well supported for new projects, training schedules, etc
- Mediate conflicts, ensure company policy compliance, encourage well-being, and generally motivate and inspire our guides
Our HQ is based in NYC, but works remotely. Our employees work from museums, apartments, and co-working spaces. We meet up a few times per week for meetings, events, and general tomfoolery, but the majority of the time is spent independently producing with regular electronic communication via chat, telephone, email, etc.
About Museum Hack
We do museum tours for people who don't like museums. We are based in New York City and have grown to DC, SF, LA, Philly, and Chicago. Our corporate clients include Google, Facebook, and eBay. Museums around the world hire us for special workshops and VIP events.
Why Work With Museum Hack
- We're doing exciting things.
- You’ll get more responsibility and control working with us than you would at a bigger company, institution, or museum.
- We are a meritocracy and promote success, not tenure.
- Our tours are really fucking fun.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS: We love that you are enthusiastic and want to learn more about the job or the progress of your application. But please, no phone calls or emails.